Saturday, March 19, 2011

Embracing and loving your outdoor spaces as much as the interior of your nest!

So Brian and I have been on the hunt to find perfect, yet not outrageously expensive, furniture for our deck which overlooks the gorgeous 18th hole of Trump National Golf Course, clubhouse, and Potomac River. We started by choosing the perfect monogrammed chaise lounges from Frontgate but we still have a ways to go. Our next step was to find an umbrella to use with the new table that we will purchase but haven't yet found.

Debbie, our genius interior designer, introduced me to California Umbrella and once again, she has not led us astray. The woman is just full of tricks, sources, and people who can turn your home into your own personal heaven on earth. To compliment our navy and white monogrammed chaise chairs, we chose the china red umbrella.

Next on the list is finding lightweight planters that will enable us to transform our deck space into a "tropical garden"to compliment the river view. My aunt found large, gorgeous, french yellow and blue flower planters at Cosco for under $50 so I will be making a stop there this week. Unfortunately, the delightful planters that she purchased are not listed on the Cosco website. I have also heard great reviews about the Wyndham Self-Watering Planters, which get you off the hook from watering your plants when out of town while also being chip resistant. Although the previous website is sold out of these planters, they can be purchased online at Dynamic Design in a variety of spunky colors. Once I am sure that Spring is here, I will start planting away! In the meantime, I am watching my White Flower Farm terra cotta potted Lilly of the Valley sprout new delicate blooms each day. These small white bells have brought me endless joy.

Frontgate Chaise Lounges with Monogrammed Neck Roll 


California Umbrella: 
I decided to add red to the color scheme rather than risk clashing blues 

Wyndham Self-Watering Planter 

Lilly of the Valley from White Flower Farm