Friday, February 11, 2011

Back to Life after a very tedious detour!


My Dearest Home Decor Enthusiasts,

Over the past year, life has gotten in the way of a lovelier version of my life that is saturated with rich textures and daring colors. I've tackled law school and spine surgery, and am thrilled to report that I am back in action! I'm even more excited to report that at the very top of my to-do list is designing, furnishing, and feathering a new house that I share with my boyfriend in Potomac Falls, Virginia.

The most amazing part of the entire "first home" experience has been working with home decor master Debbie Schaffer. Debbie is a dear family friend and seamstress extraordinaire. You should take a peak at her Feathered Nest. She has also become my mentor and teacher. I have to confess that my brain is devouring all of this new, exciting information that has nothing to do with justice and criminal deviance.

During my first day working with Debbie, the very best bad thing happened. She introduced be to Thibaut Design, a fabric and wallpaper design house that has my soul and heart loudly singing with joy while my wallet screams. Thibaut makes me feel as if I have been reborn into a more cheerful version of this word. You will be seeing lots of their fabrics and wallpaper in Brian's and my new home. Stay tuned as I share this amazingly fun journey with you, and in the process, I hope that we can inspire our inner Martha Stewart to transform our homes into our own Heaven on Earth.

Cheers to your best home,
Whitney


(photo above courtesy of Thibaut Design)